Support Local Businesses and the Economy by Participating in the County's Shop Burlington County First Program
We would like to make you aware of a county-wide buy local program, Shop Burlington County First.
The program is administered by the Burlington County Bridge Commission, which serves as our county improvement authority. The BCBC has partnered with the Freeholders and Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce for this initiative.
Shop Burlington County First simply provides tools to our local independently owned businesses to help market themselves. And it encourages you to support them. There is no cost to our businesses to participate other than being a member of a Local Partner, which is a participating business association or chamber of commerce. The Greater Burlington Chamber of Commerce participates in Shop Burlington County First.
Why is it important to support our locally owned businesses? Consider what research statistics reveal:
- If each household in Burlington County spent just $10 more each month at local businesses, the resulting annual impact to the local economy would be about $19.9 MILLION DOLLARS!
- For every $100 spent locally, $65 is re-circulated into the local economy
- Local businesses create 80% of the new jobs, many times at higher wages
- Our community groups and organizations receive 350% more support from local businesses than non-locally owned businesses
How can you and I help the program grow and support our local businesses?
- Pledge to buy local. You will receive the Spotlight Business of the Week with special offer as well as a list of Upcoming Events via email
- Purchase Burlington Bucks, which are used the same as cash at most of the participating businesses; they make great gifts for any occasion
- Encourage your favorite local business to participate if it already does not
- Learn about all the great local businesses in Burlington County in the Shop Burlington County First Directory
Show your pride and support for our community and county, and Shop Burlington County First!