City of Burlington Office of Emergency Management McNeal Mansion and U.S. Pipe Properties are Closed to PublicOEM Emergency Declaration June 9, 2021
To view and/or print the Emergency Declaration on Closing of U.S. Pipe and McNeal Mansion to the Public, please visit the following link: OEM Emergency Declaration June 9, 2021
TO ALL RESIDENTS, PERSONS, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES WITHIN THE CITY OF BURLINGTON, NEW JERSEY
WHEREAS the McNeal Mansion Fire on 07 JUN 2021, located at 801 East Pearl Street involved fires at four separate locations simultaneously; and
WHEREAS the potential within and surrounding the immediate area constitutes an imminent threat that endangers the health, safety, and welfare of the residents; and
WHEREAS it is necessary and appropriate to take action to protect and maintain the health, safety, and welfare of City of Burlington residents and visitors; and
WHEREAS pursuant to the powers vested in me by the New Jersey Civil Defense Act of 1942 NJSA A:9-33 et seq, as amended and supplemented (Chapter 251, PL-1942); I have declared an imminent emergency/disaster.
WHEREAS the aforesaid law authorizes the promulgation of such orders, rules and regulations as are necessary to maintain law and order and protect the lives and property of the citizens of the City of Burlington due to this hazard which currently exists.
In accordance with the aforesaid law, I do hereby promulgate and declare the proclamation and subsequent emergency/disaster related regulations to be in effect until such time as the emergency/disaster no longer exists. The following regulations shall be in addition to all other laws of the State of New Jersey, the County of Burlington, and the City of Burlington.
1 The entire property consisting of the McNeal Mansion and the former US Pipe Foundry Complex located at 801 East Pearl Street is hereby closed to the public indefinitely. The only persons permitted on the property are those conducting official business and cleanup operations.
- Several buildings have been compromised and the old Infirmary Building is in the process of being demolished.
- The property and surrounding areas will be patrolled by The City of Burlington Police Department and violators will be charged with trespassing and any other applicable violations and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This is deemed necessary for the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of the public as conditions warrant.
- To coordinate Federal, State, County, and local emergency assets to assist in resource management and emergency protective measures.
- To assist State, County and coordinate local emergency operations, as needed.
- To reserve the right to utilize and employ all available resources of the City government, whether persons, properties, or instrumentalities.
- This Emergency Declaration will remain in effect until further notice.
NOW, THEREFORE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH the aforesaid law, I do hereby promulgate and declare the proclamation and subsequent emergency/disaster related regulations to be in effect until such time as the emergency/disaster no longer exists. These regulations shall be in addition to all other laws of the State of New Jersey, the County of Burlington and the City of Burlington, New Jersey.
___//s//_____________________________ ____08 JUN 2021_________ ____0900___________
Frank S. Caruso Date Time
Emergency Management Coordinator