COUNCILPERSON WARD 3
COUNCILPERSON WARD 3
HELEN F. HATALA
What the Councilperson Ward 3 Does
Elected on November 7, 2017 by the citizens of Ward 3 of the City of Burlington to serve as their Councilperson, and sworn in on January 1, 2018, my term expires on December 31, 2021. As Councilperson of Ward 3, I represent the interests of City residents of Voting Ward 3, [See Map: Voting Wards] the areas commonly referred to as Laurel, Fawn Hollow, Columbus Park and much of East Burlington. Council members perform all appropriate functions with respect to City legislation, including:
- Preparation of Municipal Budget
- Writing and Passage of Ordinances to govern the City
- Voice concerns and complaints of constituents (City Ward 3 residents)
- Represent Ward 3 citizens while solving problems and planning for the future
Councilperson Hatala is the Council-appointed Representative to the Land Use Board (Planning Board) and Liaison to Main Street Burlington.
3rd WARD POLLING PLACES (listed as Ward number ‘dot’ Zone number) 3.1 Neptune Firehouse 721 Bordentown Rd. 609-386-0435 3.2 Lucas Motor Company Rte. 130 & Columbus Road 609-386-3100 3.3 Mitchell Firehouse E. Federal St. & Mitchell Ave. 609-386-0433
TERM OF SERVICE
4 years, Jan. 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2021
YEARS OF SERVICE
A life-long resident of the City of Burlington, I was educated in All Saints School and the Burlington City School system, graduating from Burlington City High School. I graduated from Douglass University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science & History.
- BA Political Science & History, Douglass University
- Ed.M Supervision and Administration Elementary School
I am a retired educator, having received my Masters of Education degree, and serving in teaching and administration at the elementary school level.
I have long been involved in civic and community organizations, serving as:
- Planning Board Member
- Former Member and Vice-President of City of Burlington Redevelopment Agency(CoBRA)
- Past President and Past Vice-President of Common Council